- Al Simmons was a soldier specializing in black ops – dirty military actions run by the CIA. When he was killed in action, Al was given a second chance at life — but only as a pawn in the eternal game between light & darkness. He’s now a Spawn, but he’ll do whatever it takes to break free & have his life back.
- Help Spawn break free from the control of Hell and avoid destruction by the forces of Heaven
- Explore a darker, dirtier near-future New York as you battle your way through 25 missions
- Struggle against impossible odds, using your magic battle axe, living costume and a variety of conventional weapons
- Incredible graphics and combos — hit opponents with magic chains, juggle opponents in unique gunshot combos and glide across skyscrapers with your living cape
After proving his mettle as a fighter in Soul Calibur II, Todd McFarlane’s Spawn continues his Xbox exploits in a third-person 3D shooter set in gritty streets and alleyways of New York City. The focus of the game is combat, where Spawn can use three different methods of attack: hell powers, weapons, and hand-to-hand maneuvers. In addition to fighting enemies, Spawn must also find ways to traverse the 3D levels by jumping, gliding with his cape, or using his chains to latch onto higher ledges. The chains also come into play during melee encounters, where the troubled comic book hero can attach them to enemies before ripping them apart, lifting them into the air, or finishing them off with his axe known as Agony. To fight enemies at a distance, Spawn can equip himself with machine guns, chain guns, shotguns, and more powerful variants. Hell powers complement the ranged and hand-to-hand attacks by providing players with additional offensive or defensive capabilities.