- 14 roller coaster styles that can be constructed in unlimited configurations
- Accurate motion dynamics and physics
- Excitement and nausea ratings
- A variety of rides, shops, decorations, landscapes, and themes
- Track your financial performance to avoid bankruptcy
Roller Coaster Tycoon is all about getting people into your amusement park and emptying their pockets as you show them a good time. Park-goers come in with about $70 apiece, and you can set prices for general admission, for each different ride, and concessions like soda pop, hamburgers, park maps, and umbrellas. You can even charge people for using the rest rooms, but if you charge too much people will simply refuse to pay and make a mess outside. The rides themselves come in several flavors — simple attractions like Ferris Wheels and Haunted Houses, and the more elaborate tracked rides, like log runs, miniature trains, monorails and of course roller coasters, that can be hand-designed to fit the local terrain or built from a default plan.