- First released in 1997. XP compatible – and upgradeable to fully modern 3D graphics using the “Full Canvas Jacket” superpatch, available from PLGrafix.
- Includes over 40 unique aircraft with 22 flyable planes from the early fighters such as the Moranc Bullet and Fokker Eindecker, to the later Fokker DVII, DXII, and Sopwith Snipe models.
- Fly single missions for quick action, or select campaign play for a full tour of duty from February 1, 1916 through November 11, 1918.
- Dynamix’s revolutionary new ACE AI system recreates the skills, tactics and personalities of historical and non-historical pilots based upon artificial intelligence, pilot skills, airplane abilities, situations and real-world physics.
- Includes a mission builder that allows players to completely customize missions from within historical settings, controlling everything from objects and flight plans to plane types and aces.
The battle for air supremacy comes alive in this World War I combat flight simulation where you take to the skies over Europe as either a French, British, American or German pilot. Released seven years after the original, Red Baron II remains true to the historical records and flying aces on which the dogfighting missions are based. Three modes of gameplay include Fly Now (instant in-sky dogfighting with no mission goals), Single Mission (standalone scenarios), and Campaign (create a pilot whose career spans the entirety of WWI). More than 40 WWI vintage aircraft are modeled in the game, including 22 for simulation flying (6 French, 7 German, and 9 British). When playing campaign mode, planes become available for missions in accordance with historical timelines. Roughly half of the instruction manual is devoted to a historical overview of the war including flight tactics, maneuvers, references, and formations employed by the various air forces.