- YOU ARE IN COMMAND: You choose the ’Mechs, the weapons and the uniquely skilled lancemates to pilot them.
- INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENTS: 7 immense, futuristic environments – swamps, cityscapes, forests – each populated with thousands of “full-3D” objects.
- INTENSE FIREPOWER: 21 light, medium, heavy and assault BattleMechs, including 7 never before seen in the BattleTech universe – plus over 50 devastating weapons to choose from.
- EXCITING MULTIPLAYER ACTION: Fierce team and individual based multi-play for up to 16 MechWarriors. King of the Hill, Capture The Flag, Destruction and much more.
- EPIC SCOPE: You are in the center of a 25 mission campaign where your every decision affects the fate of you, your lancemates, and the destiny of a planet.
The year is 3063. The Clan invasion has ended. You return to your homeworld a hero, only to face chaos. Your family has been murdered, your throne seized and now your planet is in the throes of civil war. It is time to reclaim what is yours. A 40-foot high, 80 ton, 90 mph BattleMech is your weapon. Assemble your lancemates, set your battle plan and command your MechWarriors in a relentless campaign of retaliation. You will know vengeance. Your enemies will know terror. MechWarrior 4: Vengeance takes place in the BattleTech universe of the future, where giant robots slug it out on faraway battlefields. The creators of BattleTech and the original MechWarrior game return to give MechWarrior 4 an all-new story line and six new BattleMechs. You can customize any of the 21 available Mechs, though some features (such as the Mad Cat’s missile racks) are standard. There are 25 single-player missions spanning seven different terrain types: lunar, alpine, arctic, swamp, urban, and desert. Before going into battle, choose your lancemates based on three variable factors: their personalities, their piloting skills and their Mech. Full Internet support is included: create missions, host servers and participate in missions cooperatively.