- World-Class Chess Engine – A top-notch chess engine from the creator of the original Chessmaster engine.
- Multiple play modes – Including challenging online play, computer vs. computer (learning mode), player vs. computer, and Chess Adventure.
- Chess Adventure – A unique game that introduces chess concepts in the context of a greater strategic adventure by presenting a variety of challenges, puzzles, speed drills and tutorials in the context of a story based quest.
- 24 Computer Opponents – 24 computer opponents to play against with a wide variety of adjustable settings to accommodate different play styles and levels.
- Multiple chess sets – Includes a variety of 2D and 3D sets.
Majestic Chess attempts to make learning chess a fun experience with an
adventure mode as well as more traditional chess gameplay. In the story
mode, players take command of a King and travel around a map to recruit
other chess pieces. The goal: recruiting an entire set so that the battle
against the invading King’s army can be won. To successfully recruit other
pieces, players must pass tests, complete quests, and earn gold. Players
can also opt to play normal games of chess against a computer or user.
Post-game analysis allows players to learn where things went wrong during a
game and plan more successful strategies.