- On the field, a number of events return including hurdles, player celebrations, and defensive hot routes. Now when a competitor is gearing up to lunge for the legs of the ball carrier, gamers can hurdle over them and avoid going down. After jumping over his adversary, the carrier can then make his way to the end zone for a touchdown and a celebration animation. Gamers can select from 60 different signature moves including Chad Johnson’s “River Dance,” Rex Grossman’s “Gator Chomp,” and Dante Hall’s “X.” In the trophy room, players can revisit victories by viewing awards for rushing and passing records and multiplayer competitions. Additionally, gamers can now create different rings to earn as they progress through the game.
- Create and customize championship rings and then display them in your trophy room
- Locate the weapons on the opposing team and then use counter weapons to bring them down
- Celebrate your game-winning touchdown with 60 different animations including Donte Hall’s “X”
- Customizable stats summaries
- New intuitive mouse and keyboard controls
- Control the lead blocker on running plays – Throw the perfect block to create a running lane, then take control of the tailback and rip off the big gain
- Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field
- Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field). All-new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves
EA Sports’ blockbuster football series is back with Madden NFL 08. Focusing on “weapons,” in game events, and features from previous titles, Madden NFL 08 offers gamers another chance to create a dream season alone or in multiplayer competitions. The “weapons” concept returns, and gamers can now locate dangerous players by reading weekly scouting reports, watching player introductions, and by using trigger buttons before the snap on the field. There are a total of 24 different “weapons” and they include big hitters, defensive linemen, running backs, and catch receivers. Each “weapon” has a counter-weapon that gamers must uncover in order to bring a potentially destructive competitor down. However, by completing the mini-games in “Franchise” or “Owner” mode, players can alter the attributes for each team member.