- Based on New Line Cinema’s film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings
- Journey through multiple gameplay paths, taking control of the motion picture trilogy’s heroes
- Defend the walls of Minas Tirith as Gandalf; raise the Army of the Dead as Aragorn, Legolas, or Gimli; and more
- Exclusive voice-over provided by the actual actors from the films
- All-new multiplayer co-op mode will let players form their own Fellowship
Electronic Arts continues their exclusive relationship with the cinematic versions of J.R.R. Tolkien’s famous trilogy with the release of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. In this combat game based on the third film by Peter Jackson, players will fight legions of orcs and other creatures from a third-person perspective as heroes Aragorn, Gimli, or Legolas. Following the same structure as its action-oriented predecessor, players will wield swords, axes, daggers, and bows to fight multiple enemies simultaneously. Featured locales include Minas Tirith, Mount Doom, and more, with each environment offering multiple tiers or planes to travel across. Now characters will be able to jump and climb, enabling them to interact with their surroundings to a greater degree. Film composer Howard Shore’s epic score punctuates the battles as the original cast provides the voice acting. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King also features a number of film clips used as segues to the game’s action scenes.