- Wage war on an epic scale, in completely new civilizations – the Aztecs, Koreans, Huns, Spanish & Mayans
- Work with new units and technologies, running campaigns based on those of history’s great military leaders like Attila The Hun and Montezuma
- The new linear campaigns comprise several amazing missions, and each culture has its own unique features and Wonders
- Recreate epic historical battles, and affect the outcome to your liking
- More advanced AI makes the computer a much more difficult opponent
Continue your empire building and conquering with this expansion pack to
Age of Empires II. Five new civilizations are introduced, including the
Aztecs, Huns, Koreans, Mayans, and Spanish, each offering new units and
unique technologies to master. There are 26 new technologies in total;
seven are general economic and military upgrades, while one or two are
civilization specific. All 18 civilizations also feature distinct starting
bonuses in areas such as buildings, combat, advancements, and upgrades.
Other additions include four maps based on real-world geographical
locations, nine fictional maps, and three new game types: King of the Hill,
Wonder Race, and Defend the Wonder.
The 11 new units consist of the following: Conquistadors, Eagle Warriors,
Halberdiers, Hussars, Jaguar Warriors, Missionaries, Petards, Plumed
Archers, Tarkans, Turtle Ships, and War Wagons. Four campaigns let you
recreate historical battles as Attila the Hun, El Cid, and Montezuma.
Improved multiplayer chatting includes color-coded text and specific player
targeting for messages. Another new option, friend or foe colors, offers a
simpler scheme for differentiating between allies and enemies. For players
in single missions, the chat interface can now be used to send commands to
allied players under computer control. The full version of Age of Empires
II is required to play the new content from the expansion.