- You will take an ancient people through a 1000 year span, and develop trade, armies and technology to lead them to greatness
- Amass and equip an army like none ever seen, and use strategy to have them conquer enemies
- Construct means of commerce and diplomacy, while discreetly employing intrigue and regicide
- Command one of 13 civilizations – including the Franks, Japanese, Byzantines, Vikings, Mongols, and Celts
- Battle alongside heroes of the day – Joan of Arc, William Wallace, Genghis Khan, Saladin, or Barbarossa
Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings is the sequel to the award-winning, best-selling real-time strategy game “Age of Empires.” Age of Empires II spans a thousand years, from the fall of Rome through the Middle Ages in which players lead one of 13 civilizations into greatness. The game keeps the epic scope of Age of Empires’ game play while evolving the combat and economic features.